The Alan McArthur Unsung Hero Award
This category has been launched in memory of Alan McArthur who dedicated more than 20 years to innovating and improving health and safety.
Key tips for your entry
1. Keep information simple Please keep your sentences short and easy to understand. Not all of the judges are technical experts so please donʼt assume they will know acronyms or technical lingo. Simply submit your text in language that is clear, precise and simplistically highlights the merits for its submission.
2. You do not have to be an exhibitor of the Fire Safety Event, Health and Safety Event or any other exhibition organised by Western Business Media to be eligible to enter the awards.
3. Provide detail about the performance of the individual. The judges need to know details on how the individual has made a positive impact within an organisation or partner organisation. Please provide verifiable evidence that their contribution has directly resulted in significant improvements to either the health, safety or wellbeing of persons or premises.
4. Legal proceedings
If the individual or your company has been subject to any prosecution in relationto fire safety law or health and safety law since 1 January 2020, or has been subject to any enforcement notices, then your entry will automatically be disqualified.
The following entry questions are to be used for the campaign of the year category below:
- Nominee Name
- Company Website
- Nominee Job Title
- Nominee Job Description (max50 words)
- In no more than 250 words, please describe how the nominated health and safety manager effectively manages health, safety and wellbeing.
- In no more than 250 words, please give details of any innovations in business process, standards or implementationof equipment that have been implemented by the manager since 1 January 2020 and list the benefits derived from them
- In no more than 250 words, please describe how the manager has demonstratedleadership/participation in wider health, safety and wellbeing processes over a sustainedperiod of time.
- In no more than 250 words, please outline what sets this individual apart from his/herpeers in the health and safety sectorQ5. In no more than 50 words, please write a profile of the individual and why they aredeserving of the nomination. This will be used for the judging panel as well as for publicitypurposes on the Awards night.