Best Health & Safety In Construction
This category is designed to recognise a construction project, which has an exemplary health and safety record. Entrants must explain how the project ensured the health, safety and wellbeing of anyone who had access to or worked on the construction site.
The project must have been completed no earlier than 1 January 2021 and if the project is ongoing the entry must apply to a health and safety strategy that was implemented after 1 January 2021.
Key tips for your entry
1. Keep information simple
Please keep your sentences short and easy to understand. Not all of the judges are technical experts so please don’t assume they will know acronyms or technical lingo. Simply submit your text in language that is clear, precise and simplistically highlights the merits for its submission.
2. Product must be new.
We will disqualify any entry that related to a project that began earlier than 1 January 2021 so please ensure that your entry meets this criteria or it will not be accepted. Your campaign must have been successfully launched no earlier than 1 January 2021. If it is found to have been launched prior to that date you will be disqualified.
3. You do not have to be an exhibitor of the Fire Safety Event, Health and Safety Event or any other exhibition organised by Western Business Media to be eligible to enter the awards.
4. Provide detail about the performance of the campaign.
The judges need to know details on how and why the project was launched and the positive impact it has made. Please provide verifiable evidence that the initiative has resulted in significant improvements to either the health, safety, fire safety of persons or premises.
5. Legal proceedings
If your company has been subject to any prosecution in relation to fire safety law or health and safety law since 1 January 2021, or has been subject to any enforcement notices, then your entry will automatically be disqualified.
The following entry questions are to be used for the Best Health and Safety in Construction category below:
- Project Name
- Project Website
- Project Description (max 50 words)
- Project Launch Date
- In no more than 250 words, please provide details what were the aim(s) of the project.
- In no more than 250 words, please tell us how you implemented the project and include detailson any partners or key stakeholders.
- In no more than 250 words, please detail the results of the project including evidence of any measurable improvement to health, safety, fire safety or wellbeing for individuals or premises.
- In no more than 50 words, please write a profile/summary of your project. This will be used for the judging panel as well as for publicity purposes on the Awards night.