Best Health & Safety Manager Of The Year
This category is designed to recognise a health and safety manager who made a significant contribution to the implementation or enhancement of health, safety or wellbeing standards within either their own or a client organisation.
The individual must also have a role wherein at least 50% of all tasks undertaken are focused directly at the host organisation’s core health, safety and wellbeing functions. They must also have made a significant contribution to the introduction and promotion of standards within the health, safety or wellbeing since 1 January 2021. Any person accomplishments prior to this date are not relevant and will not be eligible for entry.
Key tips for your entry
1. Keep information simple
Please keep your sentences short and easy to understand. Not all of the judges are technical experts so please don’t assume they will know acronyms or technical lingo. Simply submit your text in language that is clear, precise and simplistically highlights the merits for its submission.
2. Adhere to time period
We will disqualify any entry that nominates an individual who has not made a direct impact on your business or partner organisation, in relation to health, safety orwellbeing, post 1 January 2021.
3. You do not have to be an exhibitor of the Fire Safety Event, Health and Safety Event or any other exhibition organized by Western Business Media to be eligible to enter theawards. No person working for Western Business Media or the BSIF are eligible for entry.
4. Provide detail about the performance of the individual
The judges need to know details on how the individual has made a positive impact within an organisation or partner organisation. Please provide verifiable evidence that their contribution has directly resulted in significant improvements to either the health, safety or wellbeing of persons or premises.
5. Legal proceedings
If the individual or your company has been subject to any prosecution in relation to firesafety law or health and safety law since 1 January 2021, or has been subject to any enforcement notices, then your entry will automatically be disqualified.
The following entry questions are to be used for the campaign of the year categorybelow:
- Nominee Name
- Company Website
- Nominee Job Title
- Nominee Job Description (max 50 words)
- In no more than 250 words, please describe how the nominated health and safety manager effectively manages health, safety and wellbeing
- In no more than 250 words, please give details of any innovations in business process, standards or implementation of equipment that have been implemented by the manager since 1 January 2021 and list the benefits derived from them
- In no more than 250 words, please describe how the manager has demonstrated leadership/participation in wider health, safety and wellbeing processes over a sustained period of time
- In no more than 250 words, please outline what sets this individual apart from his/herpeers in the health and safety sector
- In no more than 50 words, please write a profile of the individual and why they are deserving of the nomination. This will be used for the judging panel as well as for publicity purposes on the Awards night.