Best Health & Safety Manager Of The Year
This category is designed to recognise a health and safety manager who made a significant contribution to the implementation or enhancement of health, safety or wellbeing standards within either their own or a client organisation.
The individual must also have a role wherein at least 50% of all tasks undertaken are focused directly at the host organisation’s core health, safety and wellbeing functions. They must also have made a significant contribution to the introduction and promotion of standards within the health, safety or wellbeing since 1 January 2020. Any person accomplishments prior to this date are not relevant and will not be eligible for entry.
Key tips for your entry
1. Keep information simple
Please keep your sentences short and easy to understand. Not all of the judges aretechnical experts so please don’t assume they will know acronyms or technical lingo.Simply submit your text in language that is clear, precise and simplistically highlights themerits for its submission.
2. Adhere to time periodWe will disqualify any entry that nominates an individual who has not made a directimpact on your business or partner organisation, in relation to health, safety orwellbeing, post 1 January 2020.
3. You do not have to be an exhibitor of the Fire Safety Event, Health and Safety Eventor any other exhibition organized by Western Business Media to be eligible to enter theawards. No person working for Western Business Media or the BSIF are eligible for entry.
4. Provide detail about the performance of the individualThe judges need to know details on how the individual has made a positive impactwithin an organisation or partner organisation. Please provide verifiable evidence thattheir contribution has directly resulted in significant improvements to either the health,safety or wellbeing of persons or premises.
5. Legal proceedings
If the individual or your company has been subject to any prosecution in relation to firesafety law or health and safety law since 1 January 2020, or has been subject to anyenforcement notices, then your entry will automatically be disqualified.
The following entry questions are to be used for the campaign of the year categorybelow:
- Nominee Name
- Company Website
- Nominee Job Title
- Nominee Job Description (max 50 words)
- In no more than 250 words, please describe how the nominated health and safetymanager effectively manages health, safety and wellbeing
- In no more than 250 words, please give details of any innovations in businessprocess, standards or implementation of equipment that have been implemented by themanager since 1 January 2018 and list the benefits derived from them
- In no more than 250 words, please describe how the manager has demonstratedleadership/participation in wider health, safety and wellbeing processes over asustained period of time
- In no more than 250 words, please outline what sets this individual apart from his/herpeers in the health and safety sector
- In no more than 50 words, please write a profile of the individual and why they aredeserving of the nomination. This will be used for the judging panel as well as forpublicity purposes on the Awards night.