Rising Star Of The Year Award
This category is designed to recognise an individual who made a significant contribution to the implementation or enhancement of health, safety or wellbeing standards within either their own or a client organisation. They must also have made a significant contribution to the introduction and promotion of standards within the health, safety or wellbeing and not been in post prior to 1 January 2020.
Any person who has been in post prior to this date are not eligible for entry.
Key tips for your entry
1. Keep information simple
Please keep your sentences short and easy to understand. Not all of the judges are technical experts so please don’t assume they will know acronyms or technical lingo. Simply submit your text in language that is clear, precise and simplistically highlights the merits for its submission.
2. Person must have started the role in past TWO years
We will disqualify any entry that nominates an individual who started their role prior to 1st January 2020 so please ensure that your entry meets this criteria or it will not be accepted.
3. You do not have to be an exhibitor of the Fire Safety Event, Health and Safety Eventor any other exhibition organized by Western Business Media to be eligible to enter theawards. No person working for Western Business Media or the BSIF are eligible forentry.
4. Provide detail about the performance of the individual
The judges need to know details on how the individual has made a positive impact within an organisation or partner organisation. Please provide verifiable evidence thattheir contribution has directly resulted in significant improvements to either the health,safety or wellbeing of persons or premises.
5. Legal proceedings
If the individual or your company has been subject to any prosecution in relation to firesafety law or health and safety law since 1 January 2020, or has been subject to anyenforcement notices, then your entry will automatically be disqualified.
The following entry questions are to be used for the campaign of the year category below:
- Nominee Name
- Company Website
- Nominee job description (max 50 words)
- Start date in post (MM/YY)
- In no more than 250 words, please describe how the individual has implementedhealth or safety strategy to improve standards within the organisation.
- In no more than 250 words, please give evidence of how has this has ensured asafer working environment.
- In no more than 250 words, please outline what sets this individual apart from his/herpeers in the health and safety sector
- In no more than 50 words, please write a profile of the individual and why they aredeserving of the nomination. This will be used for the judging panel as well as forpublicity purposes on the Awards night